The International Watercolour Society of Canada (IWS Canada) is a registered not-for-profit organization that provides artists with a professional forum to develop and expand the appreciation of Canadian watercolour art. We are part of the International Watercolor Society (IWS Globe). IWS Canada and IWS Globe, with branches in over 100 countries, provide a platform for watercolour artists to shine regardless of race, religion, age, gender, economic status or experience. Diversity is the strength that will help build a more peaceful and loving society by accepting and celebrating differences through a mutual love of watercolour art. With this is mind we expect most membership to be from artists within Canada but it is not exclusive. You can become a Friend of IWS Canada or a full member wherever you live.
What does a Friend of IWS Canada or a Full Membership to IWS Canada mean for you?
Friends of IWS Canada. Friends will get email notification when we do events but are not entitled to vote and won’t get the early notifications or any reduced fees for events. There is no charge to be a Friend of IWS Canada, and we welcome you to continue enjoying the watercolour news we post, and to participate in our activities.
To Become a Friend of IWS Canada just send us an e mail and ask to be a ‘friend of IWS Canada’ stating the province you live in or country if outside of Canada.
Full Membership $25 (youth $15) entitles you to:
- Reduced entry fees for competitions and workshops organized by IWS Canada.
- Early notification by email of events.
- Voting privileges at online membership meetings.
- Access to a members-only Facebook group to share information and build friendships.
- Have your name and website on our member page of IWS Canada’s website (new members will be added there on a weekly basis)
- Have your watercolour art news and upcoming exhibitions of watercolour art shared by our Facebook Page if we are tagged in your public Facebook post.
- Receive a bi monthly newsletter to your e mail
To become a full Member please email us at email@example.com and include:
- Your name as you wish it to appear on our membership list
- Whether you wish adult or youth membership
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Website if you have one
- Your facebook profile username if you have one
We will then send you a PayPal invoice, and once it is paid, you will receive a membership confirmation letter, which you can save or print for your records. Then we can add your name to our membership list on this site, along with a link to your website. Welcome!