Watercolour is one of Hilary Slater’s many activities, as she says here:
“I am a creative artist and I work in a number of fields. I paint in oils and watercolours, and I produce original pottery, photography, and Landscape Architecture designs. I am a licensed yoga and pilates teacher, and I have also written 23 Novels to date (2 of which are published) as of 2013. I run a variety of retreats at my Georgian Bay Lakeview Retreat Centre, covering everything from Yoga to Art to Writing to Weekend Escapes.”
Below is an example of Hilary’s work. For more, please visit her website.
Alain Godbout is one of the founders of IWS Canada, and served as a Co-Representative from 2014 to early 2017. He specializes in landscapes and scenes from everyday life.
Alain J. Godbout est un aquarelliste spécialisé dans le paysage et les scènes de la vie quotidienne. A l’occasion il propose des dessins à l’encre de chine et des toiles d’encaustique.
Originaire du Bas-St-Laurent et éduqué à Montréal, il habite Gatineau depuis 1976. Après une carrière comme conseiller en management, il est maintenant à la retraite. Alain possède une formation générale en arts obtenue au moment de ses études collégiales, mais demeure un aquarelliste fondamentalement autodidacte. Il a eu l’occasion de parfaire ses connaissances et techniques au cours d’ateliers avec des aquarellistes reconnus dont David Kearns, Terry Madden, Jean Pederson, Roland Palmaerts, Jacques Hébert et Pierre Tougas. Ses tableaux ont été acquis par des collections privées au Québec, au Canada, aux USA , en GB et en Afrique.
« En ce qui me concerne, l’aquarelle est le plus beau medium pour communiquer efficacement l’émotion et les sentiments. Il a l’avantage d’être flexible, rapide d’exécution, mais surtout capable de toutes les teintes, effets et textures imaginables . En tant qu’aquarelliste, mon style est représentatif et reflète une technique dérivée de la peinture à l’huile que j’ai pratiquée au cours des années 1960-70. Je favorise la création fondée sur le dessin et le jeu des masses dans la composition. Mes aquarelles sont marquées par une souplesse du coup de pinceau qui prend des distances face à la minutie de l’illustration hyper-réaliste. J’ attache une importance cardinale à la composition et je cherche à faire une place centrale à l’émotion dans la représentation des personnes et des objets. Mes tableaux doivent se caractériser par une recherche constante de la lumière et le recours à une palette de couleurs vives ».
- Membre fellow de la Société d’Aquarelle d’Ottawa
- Membre International Watercolor Society (Canada)
- Membre du Conseil des Arts d’Aylmer
- Membre de la Ottawa Arts Association
- Membre de Art-East Ottawa
Below is an example of Alain’s work. For more about Alain, please visit his website.
Anthony Saldutto is a Canadian artist who paints landscapes as well as scenery.
Experienced in watercolours and oils for over 30 years, Anthony’s attention to detail is what draws emotion from each piece. His work creates a sense of familiarity and incites a sentimental moment that resonates on a personal level to each viewer.
Although born in Toronto, Anthony, moved to Italy as an infant and then returned at the age of fifteen. It was early in life when he knew that art was very much a part of his ambition. He pursued his talent by studying Graphic Design.
Law enforcement also attracted his attention influencing his decision to join the Toronto Police Services.
After 30 years of service Anthony is retired and focuses much of his free time on his passion for painting. Anthony’s paintings have been reproduced as limited editions and sold throughout Canada and the United States as well as for various charitable organizations. They have been featured in magazines and newspapers and are proudly displayed in private homes, police and government buildings throughout North America and Europe. Anthony continues to produce original pieces that represent new experiences as well as portray the inherent beauty of nature in the way he knows best, with his paintbrush.
- PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Toronto Watercolour Society (Member)
- York Region Arts (Member)
- Toronto Police Service (Member)
- CSPWC (Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour) (Associate member)
- Artists in Canada (Member)
- TWAC (Toronto West Arts Collaborative) (Member)
- International Watercolour Society
- American Watercolour Society
- Bayview Watercolour Society | May 2015 | First Place, Best Landscape
- Bayview Watercolour Society | May 2015 | People’s Choice Award
- Richmond Hill Group of Artists | Nov 2015 | People’s Choice Award
- TWAC ART SPACE @ the CNE Juried Art Show 2016 | Sep 2016 | Winner watercolour category
- Ken Bromley International Cover Page Art Contest | March 2017 | International Finalist
- TWAC ART SPACE CNE Toronto | Aug 2017 | Top five Finalist Watercolour
- International Watercolour Society Art Contest | Oct 2017 | International Finalist
- Toronto Watercolour Society ( Aquavision Art Show) | October 2017 | Peoples Choice Award
- City of Etobicoke
- Toronto Police Board
- International Association of Women Police
- Steven Sloan (Writer/Publisher)
- Toronto Police Widows and Orphans
- Canada Custom Services
Below is an example of Anthony’s work. For more about Anthony Saldutto, please visit his website.
Dear watercolour artists,
Thank you so much to those who have completed their entries to our exhibition, A Symphony in Watercolour, taking place this fall in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
For those of you who still intend to enter, and are feverishly painting, and photographing your paintings, and wishing you had just a little more time…. we have good news for you.
We also need a little more time. We’ve had such a volume of entries these past few days, it has been a challenge to keep up. Added to that are some frustrating technical difficulties with payments, etc. As a result, we’ve realized we need just a little more time for processing. So, we have extended the deadline for the entry emails to 6 pm EDT on March 21, instead of March 20.
So, for those last minute people out there, you have 24 more hours!
Read the guidelines to make sure your entry is complete.